Apache on Linux
The default web pages for apache on fedora core 4 is /var/www/html, and only root have the
write access to this directory.
It's annoying to switching between normal user and root again and again during web development,
if you want to edit files directlty in /var/www/html.
At beginning, I tried to created a symbolic link in /var/www/html, linking to my home directy /home/synew/www by using,
#ln -s /home/synew/www /var/www/html/synew
Although you can get the link file working well under bash, but it was not working when I tried to
access the webpage I put in /home/synew/www/test.html, for example.
(When you type "http://localhost/synew/test.html" in the browser, it says" having no permission" to access)
So I changed to modify the access attribute of /var/www/html, what I did was,
1, #chgrp apache /var/www/html
2,#chmod -R g+w /var/www/html
3,make the normal user account in group "apache"
Finally, I created a link file in my home directly linking to the webpage directory.
>ln -s /var/www/html ~/www