My Notepad

  • My Linux Notes
  • My Grid Notes
  • To do List
  • Friday, December 16, 2005

     
    To enable SWT in Eclipse, there are various ways in Linux.What I did is :
    (which also enables the standalone SWT application.)
    1, download the "SWT binary and source" package for linux+gtk from www.eclipse.org, extract
    to your local directory.(for me, /usr/share/eclipse/plugins/swt-gtk-plugins/)

    2, copy the swt.jar from the extracted folder to $JAVA_HOME/jdk/jre/lib/ext . This make java
    know where to find the SWT library classes.

    3, change your evironment varibles:
    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/share/eclipse/plugins/swt-gtk-plugins
    you may wanna write it in your .bashrc for convenience.

    Something wield to me is, the environment variables I set seems only to be valid for the eclipse process invoked from a terminal.I still got problem to find the *.so dynamic link lib files if I started my eclipse IDE by clicking the icon on the desktop.

    Comments: Post a Comment



    << Home

    Archives

    December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   November 2006   February 2007   May 2007   June 2007   November 2007   February 2008   March 2008   April 2008   August 2008   December 2008   March 2009   April 2009   May 2009   June 2009   October 2009   November 2009   December 2009   May 2013  

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?